This article can be helpfull when you encouter following conditions:
- Winner is slow.
- Printing certain Winner documents is slow, especially those ones that require significant data acces.
- Start-up of Winner is slow.
- Trial balance is slow
- Invoice printing is slow
The Windows Link Local Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) protocol (LLMNR) protocol is often the reason of this problem. The network protocol creates delays in the communication with the SQL server which has a dramatic impact on the proper functioning (response times) of Winner. Disabling this protocol can solve this problem.
Fix slow response SQL connection network in Windows 10
You will need to have Administrator rights on the PC in order to perform this operation.
For Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise version
Click on the Start menu.
Type GPEdit.msc into the search box, and select the top one from results.
In the left side pane of Local Group Policy Editor, go to following location:
Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > DNS Client
In the DNS Client folder, in the right-panel, double-click the “Turn Off Multicast Name Resolution” setting
Check Enabled box.
Click the OK button.
- Exit the Local Group Policy Editor
- Restart the computer
Windows 10 Home edition versions don’t include Policy Editor tools, so you need to change registry settings.
- Press Win + R from your keyboard
- type regedit and press Enter.
- In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to the location:
- In the right pane, right click any blank area, and select
New > DWORD Value
from the menu.
- Rename this new string name to EnableMuiticast.
- Double-click EnableMuiticast, set its value data to 0, click OK button.
- Then close Registry Editor
- Restart the computer.